Royal Dutch Shell 2011 final figures - dividend announced
Royal Dutch Shell posted 4Q earnings on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis of $6.5B vs $5.7B a year ago and FY CCS earnings of $28.6B vs $18.6B.
The company declared 4Q dividend of $0.42 per share and $0.84 per American Depositary Share (ADS), the same to those in the previous year, adding: "A first quarter 2012 dividend is expected to be declared at $0.43 per share and $0.86 per ADS, an increase of 2% compared with the first quarter 2011 US dollar dividend."
Meanwhile, the company provided an update on its strategic growth plan:
- Delivery of underlying strategic drivers for 2012 targets established, underpinned by 14 project start-ups 2009-11.
- Shell declared ~$10.5B of dividends in 2011 and expects to grow the dividend in 2012, reflecting an improving financial position.
- Net capital investment in 2012 of $30B, 80% in Upstream, as Shell invests for a new tranche of growth.
- Measured increase in spending and payout underpinned by a new outlook for cashflow from operations for the period 2012-15 some 30-50% higher than the 2008-11 total.
- Growth outlook driven by over 60 new projects and options, maturing ~20B boe of new resources potential.