Inmarsat Final Results
Inmarsat plc Reports Preliminary Full Year Results 2011
London, UK: 6 March 2012. Inmarsat plc (LSE: ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, today reported consolidated preliminary financial results for the year ended 31 December 2011.
Inmarsat plc - Full Year 2011 Highlights
· Total revenue $1,409m up 20% (2010: $1,172m)
· EBITDA $854m up 23% (2010: $696m)
· Profit before tax $367m up 10% (2010: $334m)
· Strong growth in FleetBroadband ARPUs
· IsatPhone Pro subscribers exceed 50,000 to date
· Final dividend of 24.96 cents US$ up 10%
· $270m of cash returned to shareholders
Inmarsat Group Limited - Fourth Quarter 2011 Highlights
· Total revenue $362m up 24% (2010: $292m)
· Total Inmarsat Global MSS revenue $241m up 23% (2010: $195m)
· EBITDA $203m up 18% (2010: $172m)
Rupert Pearce, Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are pleased with the progress we are making in MSS subscriber growth and in the development of our next generation Global Xpress satellite services. As a result, we are confident in both the on-going cash flow generation in our core MSS business and in the potential for significantly renewed revenue growth once our Global Xpress services become available from late next year. We expect our 2012 revenue growth trends in our core MSS business to improve on 2011."