Royal Dutch Shell Q1 2012 Results - dividend announced
1ST QUARTER 2012 UNAUDITED RESULTS
- Royal Dutch Shell's first quarter 2012 earnings, on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis (see Note 1), were $7.7 billion compared with $6.9 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
- First quarter 2012 CCS earnings excluding identified items (see page 5) were $7.3 billion compared with $6.3 billion in the first quarter 2011, an increase of 16%.
- Basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items for the first quarter 2012 increased by 15% versus the same quarter a year ago.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the first quarter 2012 was $13.4 billion. Excluding net working capital movements, cash flow from operating activities in the first quarter 2012 was $12.7 billion.
- Capital investment for the first quarter 2012 was $7.0 billion. Net capital investment (see Note 1) for the quarter was $4.6 billion. Total dividends distributed in the quarter were $2.7 billion, of which $1.0 billion were settled under the Scrip Dividend Programme.
- Gearing at the end of the first quarter 2012 was 9.9%.
- A first quarter 2012 dividend has been announced of $0.43 per ordinary share and $0.86 per American Depositary Share (ADS), an increase of 2.4% compared with the first quarter 2011 US dollar dividend.