Brewin Dolphin Interim 2012 Results - dividend maintained
Highlights (from continuing operations)
- Total managed funds £25.7 billion at 31 March 2012 (30 September 2011: £24.0 billion, 27 March 2011: £25.0 billion).
- Discretionary funds £17.3 billion at 31 March 2012 (30 September 2011: £15.6 billion, 27 March 2011: £15.5 billion).
- Total income £131.4 million (27 March 2011: £131.5 million).
- Profit before tax £12.3 million (27 March 2011: £11.9 million) a 3.3% increase.
- Adjusted* profit before tax £18.9 million (27 March 2011: £22.8 million) a 17.1% decrease.
- Earnings per share:
- Basic earnings per share 3.7p (27 March 2011: 3.7p).
- Diluted earnings per share 3.5p (27 March 2011: 3.5p).
- Adjusted* earnings per share:
- Basic earnings per share 5.8p (27 March 2011: 7.2p) a decrease of 19.4%.
- Diluted earnings per share 5.5p (27 March 2011: 6.9p) a decrease of 20.3%.
* these figures have been adjusted to exclude redundancy costs, additional FSCS levy and amortisation of client relationships.
Declaration of Interim Dividend
The Board declares a maintained interim dividend of 3.55p per share. The interim dividend is payable on 21 September 2012 to shareholders on the register at the close of business on 24 August 2012 with an ex-dividend date of 22 August 2012.
Jamie Matheson, Executive Chairman said
"It is a year since we announced the outcome of the major strategic review of our operations and activities to reduce overheads, upgrade systems and enhance services to clients. I am pleased to report that much progress has been made during the last twelve months and implementation remains on plan and on budget….and will position us well for long term growth. "